twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Are there any alternatives to Gmail's "plus addressing" (e.g. bluesky+cloud@gmail.com)?

I tried to use Gmail's plus addressing feature to give websites my email address. I did this to avoid my real Gmail address getting into the hands of spammers.





For example, if my Gmail address was bluesky@gmail.com, I might give out the address of bluesky+cloud@gmail.com to various websites. Any messages sent to the +cloud address would still come to my main account.





However, many websites won't accept the "+" sign as part of a valid email address. Are there any other characters that will work the exact same way as the plus sign?





Thanks!
Are there any alternatives to Gmail's "plus addressing" (e.g. bluesky+cloud@gmail.com)?
try %26amp; or -

No comments:

Post a Comment